Programs for Research
Visiting Researcher Program
To carry out collaborative research with a company or its own research , Tokyo Tech can accept a company researcher as a visiting researcher at the university.
The procedure is as follows
- (1)Identifying the faculty member to collaborate with your researcher
- If you do not know anyone to ask for hosting, the Tokyo Tech website may be useful. Please click here to open the search page, and input research fields and/or keywords of research topics.
Alternatively, you may contact us directly in the Office of Industry Liaison. Our coordinators will be very pleased to help you find someone from our faculty whose research may suit your need.
- (2)Developing a detailed plan for the research project
- You can make a personal contact with the faculty member to discuss details of the project: expected research project, period, funds, and plans.
- (3)Formal application
- A formal application must be made by filling out and submitting an application form.
- (4)Reviewing and Approval
- The OIL will render its decision concerning approval for the guest researcher to study at Tokyo Tech after reviewing the project plan.
- (5)Paying the visitation fee
- The visitation fee is 841,160 JPY per guest per year. It must be paid into the bank account Tokyo Tech specifies. For a visit of six months or less, the fee is 420,580 JPY.
For more information, please contact
The Office of Industry Liaison, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Ookayama 2-12-1, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
Phone: +81-(0)3-5734-3807 Facsimile: +81-(0)3-5734-2482
Email: san.kyo[at]jim.titech.ac.jp* If you mail to us, please exchange "[at]" for "@" in the address.