Programs for Research
Under this program, our faculty member(s) is commissioned by a company to carry out academic consultation as a part of his job at the university.
The procedure is as follows.
- (1)Identifying the faculty member for academic consultation
- If you do not know anyone suitable to solicit collaboration, the Tokyo Tech website may be useful. Please click here to open the search page, and input research fields and/or keywords of research topics.
Alternatively, you may contact us directly in the Office of Industry Liaison. Our coordinators will be very pleased to help you find someone from our faculty whose research may suit your need.
- A formal application must be made by filling out and submitting an application form.
- (3)Reviewing and Approval
- The OIL will render its decision concerning approval of the academic consultation after reviewing the project plan.
- (4)Concluding a contract
- Following approval of the academic consultation, a contract is finalized. A single-year or multi-year contract may be established.
- (5)Paying the consultation fee
- Consultation fee must be paid into the bank account Tokyo Tech specifies. In the case of academic consultation out of Tokyo Tech’s campuses, Additional fees for transportation and accommodation must be paid directly to the commissioned faculty member(s).
Handling of Intellectual Property
Detailed term and conditions for invention(s) resulting from the academic consultation will be separately discussed and determined between the parties.
A contract model is available. Please feel free to consult us.
For more information, please contact:
The Office of Industry Liaison, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Ookayama 2-12-1, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
Phone: +81-(0)3-5734-3807 Facsimile: +81-(0)3-5734-2482
Email: san.kyo[at]jim.titech.ac.jp* If you mail to us, please exchange "[at]" for "@" in the address.